29 Aug Veterinarian Position
Southern Cross Vet is Dr Sam’s brainchild and was born out of a belief that there was space in the industry for a true family-owned, family-feel clinic that focuses on bringing state of the art technology and thinking to solve the usual medical issues.
We are very client focused and know how much people love their pets like family. We refer to owners as ‘pet parents’.
Our charity, Project HoPe is committed to the welfare of the companions of those living rough on the streets of Sydney – we provide free surgery, medicine and crisis accommodation for these guys.
About the role
The Surry Hills offer:
Nestled in the heart of the foodie hub of Surry Hills/Redfern on Cleveland St, is a practice started in 1975 that has been revitalised through it joining my SCV family in April last year.
We have grown considerably and now we employ a dedicated receptionist, cleaner and nurse to assist the veterinarian with procedures and consults.
This role would suit a veterinarian keen to become part of the local community, be interested in growing our caseload further and one who enjoys positivity in the clinic.
A generous salary is offered, with an optional profit sharing scheme that can augment the salary (details will be discussed with the right applicant) and reward you for growing our clinic.
While we offer all the tech that you would expect the most modern hospital to have**, just like you, there is more to our soul than just being a great vet clinic… Do you want to work for a company that genuinely cares as much about work satisfaction as you do? How about a management team that rewards you with weekends away and RAOK (random acts of kindness)
****digital radiology with all studies interpreted by a Board Certified Veterinary Radiologist, 128 slice CT, laparoscopy, ligasure handpiece, great clients, parking, dental radiography, piexotome to make extractions easy, lab onsite etc.
The St Peters offer:
All of the above, except St Peters is an established, busy clinic that would suit an associate who loves to work with colleagues in a fast-paced action filled environment!
Benefits and perks
- 30 minute consults with time to actually write your notes and have lunch!
- Generous salary
- Option to enrol into a profit sharing scheme
- Fortnightly massages to let stress melt away
- ‘Open dog policy’ where you can bring your best friends to work!
- Sonos sound system throughout hospital to enjoy your tunes
- ‘Doona days’ – we know that sometimes, you just need some ‘me time’ and so with Doona Days, you don’t need to fake ‘sickies’!
- Management that encourages your growth through training and development to champion you in your preferred specialty areas such as dentistry, ophthalmology or behaviour.
- Flexibility in work days, hours to facilitate your life and career goals
- Our strong commitment to laparoscopic desexing and minimally invasive surgery means you may never have to do a fat lab in heat spay again!
Skills and experience
At least 5 years of experience is preferred, however, candidates with an outgoing, friendly personality and ability to work with an open mind are encouraged to apply.
No experience in laparoscopy is required, but this training will be provided.